The backaches were killing me. The funny cramps were annoying me. I was starting to feel helpless as cycle 3 after my miscarriage was quickly coming to an end!
Because the boys were arriving from Kansas on Wednesday, I decided to make a quick market trip before the Rod Stewart concert with mom. I picked up milk (duh!), Arizona Green Tea, Raspberry Lemonade for Matt and a generic Kroger home pregnancy test. I got home, and went to the bathroom to pee on a stick. What have I come to, I'm peeing on a stick again! This time I put the cap on it, and flipped it upside down so not to see the result. How many minutes do I have to wait? 3. Three effin' minutes, which turned out to be like 3 hours of SAT taking in high school. After about 90 seconds I flipped that sucker up and BOOM....the positive pregnancy test. So bright and lovely, saturated with my pee.
A stupid grin overcame me. My first thought was, damn those sperm are potent! Let's hope this time it sticks and I don't have to go through the drama of a M/C again. I figured I better break the news to Matt. Instead my stupid grin (think "Oops I farted and I'm in a board meeting grimace") continued. I walked back into the kitchen and went through the formalities of introducing the idea of pregnancy to my husband. Very nonchalantly he congratulated me and kissed me on the forehead. Hello! Where the hell is the pomp and circumstance? Oh yeah, we're laying low.
So I ended up going to the Rod Stewart concert. It was so hard to keep my mouth shut, but I did! She offered to buy me a glass of chardonnay and I declined politely. Then I was accosted to be a designated driver, which I guess for my current state isn't a bad thing. I rocked out to Rod Stewart with mom and had a wonderful evening.
If you happen to read this blog and you know me, please don't ask me about the pregnancy! Once I announce it to everyone officially, this is my way of getting things off my chest. So be a doll and keep it to yourself!
I think I'm due Monday, November 26th, 2007. Exactly a year from the day I miscarried my first. The kid will most likely be a Sagittarius, which I hope it means that it is compatible with a Leo and a Taurus. And he'll be born in the year of the Pig (according to Chinese culture).
No comments:
Post a Comment