Friday, August 27, 2010

I feel like Vicki from Small Wonder

This third trimester has been relatively peaceful, and I thank my lucky stars for that. The weather has been mild and I'm doing my best to stay calm and collected with a boisterous 2 1/2 year old. However, my heart keeps racing and I keep getting dizzy spells :-( So I mentioned it to OB/GYN. What does she do? She sends me to a Cardiologist. At the tender age of 34, I am being seen by a Cardiologist.

Turns out that I have a mild heart murmur. So yesterday I had an echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) that was pretty interesting, and a heart Holter device "installed" for 24 hours. So I have all these patches and wires, and a little fanny pack attached to me. I get it off at 3:05 p.m. today, and I can't wait to shower.






I'll see the Cardiologist on September 14 for a follow-up. I'm sure everything is just fine with me. Most importantly, the Baby is doing well. She is measuring a week small...I just think her due date she officially be adjusted to October 13. Today, per the doctor I am 34 weeks! Six more to go.

No comments: