Friday, November 14, 2008

Reaffirmation

When things get tough or tight I question myself whether I should have stayed home with Madison. I question being a stay at home mom. But then someone says something to you that reaffirms what an amazing job I'm doing. No nanny, au pair, daycare or babysitter could do this job with the same love and commitment that I do.

We were at California Pizza Kitchen on Wednesday, and Madison was in her high chair. Two ladies sat in the next both over, and Madison waited until they looked at her, she waved and said "Hi." The one lady asked me how old Madi is, and I told her just 2 weeks shy of her 1st birthday, which Madison proceeded to show them her index finger to "say" one. Both the ladies were amazed. Again the one lady asked me if I am a stay at home mom. I said I am. Her response was "You can tell, she's far more developed than kids that are not with a parent." That made my heart smile.

After dinner, Madison proceeded to stop at each table on the way out and wave to each patron. No one was annoyed, everyone was super friendly. She even helped the hostess seat a family. My little social butterfly is a lot of work, but it's the best career I've ever had. I'm so glad that I did stay home with her.

1 comment:

JM said...

You *are* a great mother, Monisiu. I'm so glad I discovered this blog! You've been keeping it a secret!